A brush with Wilma
I know I said I wouldn't post to this thing so much, but nobody else is posting right now, so here I go again. We were extremely neurotic for the several days that we waited for Wilma to show us what she was going to do - "we're staying, we're going, we're staying, we're going". At the very last minute, we decided to stay because we realized that Orlando wasn't going to be any safer and it was a little late to be leaving for Atlanta. It turned out to be a good choice because tornadoes were touching down within blocks of my brother-in-law's house outside of Orlando. Our car would have been outside exposed and we would have been up all night worried about tornadoes, whereas here we had both cars in the garage and we were in a house built well above current hurricane standards, so we slept soundly most of the night (aside from waking up at 5am to check the news to make sure the hurricane path hadn't moved north towards us). We ended up getting tropical storm winds here instead of hurricane winds, so we were fine. It was still pretty hairy how those winds shook the windows and the rains beat down on the house. I can't imagine how that would feel two or three times stronger. Many thanks to Kelli for offering to be an evacuation shelter for us! It would have been fun, in a way - but hurricane season isn't over yet!

1 Comments:
We're so glad that you were all safe. It wss nerve-wracking for us, so I can't imagine what it was for you. Love you....Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home